Our Highway Department would like to share the following useful information for residents to review each winter:
- Per our Town Board order, please do not park or leave unattended vehicles, trailers or equipment in the road or within four feet of the pavement.
- Please do not push snow into or across the street, as it is against the law.
(NYS Vehicle Traffic law Article 1219).
- Please do not let children play or build snow forts in or near the road.
- Please stand back 500 feet from snow plows as they back up often.
- If you put snow markers up please put them two feet back from the edge of the road.
- Please keep your garbage cans/recyclable cans in your driveway, not in the road. It is helpful, especially during winter months, if you bring the cans back to your house or garage as soon as possible after pick-up.
- You may want to wait until our snowplow goes by to clean the last few feet of your driveway. Please remember we often make several trips on the same road during larger storms.
- Remove all objects from the town “right of way” (25-30 feet from center line of road) as we are not responsible for damage to snow markers, trash or recycle cans, or portable basketball hoops) from the plow or snow from the plow. Thank you.
- As we do our very best to avoid mailboxes, it does occasionally occur that we hit them. If you believe our snowplow hit your mailbox please contact us. If we confirm we damaged the mailbox, we will replace it with a standard box and wood post.
We wish you all a safe winter.